Saturday, January 25, 2014

Note-taking Tips

This infographic really made me think.  Currently, I make my students take notes in 3-Column note format--similar to Cornell notes, but not quite.  The first column is for the key topic, second is for main notes, and third is for pictures or key words to help summarize/recall the info.  I haven't gotten into the habit of making my students summarize their learning or write higher level questions in their notes, yet--as Cornell requires.  I'm working on it, though.  The summer teacher training in Dallas at the AVID Institute is a great place to discuss this.
This infographic came from an article in Educational Technology and Mobile Learning called 10 Notetaking Tips for the 21st Century Teachers.  The article refers to a book entitled Orality and Literacy by Walter Ong.

1 comment:

  1. This is a interesting and exciting blog Ms. Mixson! I can not wait to start this school year!

    Keyani

    ReplyDelete